Highlights of 2009
– Meeting a drunk, fat Neo-Nazi in the street who threw me a Seig Hiel and then started a fight with two girl guides. I told him to fuck off which he gratefully did, after another Seig Heil. I turned and almost fell over into a midget who was standing right behind me. That’s Budapest for you!
<- Steve and Lucy’s wedding
– being short of breath in Ljubjlana
– the numerous babies born this year to many good friends
Haven’t seen in years highlight
– meeting Emma Dalrymple after 8 years. That was awesome Em.
<– Lake Bled in Slovenia
Greatest animal moment
– None. 😦
The zoo in Plock was depressing and I caught nothing fishing.
– Krakow, Ljubljana, Budapest, Berlin
– the Killers in Berlin
– Basement Jaxx in Gdansk
Favourite New Music
– the Metelkova in Slovenia
– Chatting with Dave Gordon in Tallinn
<– with Dave Gordon, Gab and Dave’s bro-in-law who just happened to be in the same bar.
– Marcuz’s comment in Stockholm about being the token white guy
Sporting event highlight
– Err maybe the handball game in Poland. Poor year.
– With Linden in Warsaw
– The last night at Metelkova
– Out in the bars and nightclubs of Stockholm with Marcuz
Ragingly drunk night out
– With Linden in Warsaw. She did well.
– First night in Poland in Wroclaw with some Spanish lads from Seville
– 5 star hotel night with the big group in Riga. Ohh Agathe and her belly!
– Waking up at 3pm in my flat in Poland to find the front door wide open and my clothes lying in the porch. I don’t know.
Best films of the Year
– The Lives of Others
– Missing old mates this year
– no football/rugby/diving
– Clebson dying
– Getting strangled by the old Polish lady in Wroclaw
Biggest beer discovery
– Okocim Mocne
– Marcuz, Jacques, Piotr, Tamsin, Beau and Dave Gordon
<– with crazy Jacques
Best books read
– The Human Stain by Philip Roth
– The Cairo Trilogy by Naguib Mahfouz
– The Savage Detectives by Roberto Bolano
Best place stayed
– The Squirrel in Riga
– Linden’s place in Berlin
– Vilnius, Tallinn, Gdansk
<– Gab and an Estonian fair maiden
– Living with a Polish family in Gdansk
– Working in Plock, middle of nowhere Poland
– The Hari Kristna rave in Budapest
– Hanging out with the bouncing crews in Stockholm
– That Polish restaurant in Krakow…mmmm pierogi
Greatest every cloud..day
– Missing the bus and flight from Slovenia, only to meet some great people
Most interesting bus journey
– The overnight train journey from Vienna to Ljubljana; fierce mountains covered in mist and vallies of petit, cute houses. I watched it for hours.
Feel like I am travelling again moment
– Searching for hostels in Budapest
– Yeah. About myself, other folk and life’s meandering beauty. I like it.
See you this year.