Back in January this year I wrote up these resolutions. Well before I reveal the new set, how have I done with this year’s list.
1. Think better and more patiently – I will finally do this. – I think so, a little
2. Get back to Indonesia for a visit to Raju Ampat and the Banda Islands – slight long shot regarding the islands but Indonesia is very possible. – I’ll get there in 2015 for sure.
3. Read, read, read – last year was so poor in quantity and quality. – much improved year.
4. Continue Spanish/Russian- long-term projects but getting there – Spanish has improved. Russian alas no.
5. Take Japanese government exams – I’ve said it before but this is the year! – ahh damn it. 2015….?
6. Life Mojo – I tend to burn long and bright and then burn out until I can renew myself. 2001, 2005 and 2008 were the last renewals. This run has lasted a long time. It’s been great but I am getting low now. Time for a change 🙂 – yes I have got it back. Been a very good year.
7. Visit Norway/Iran/Moscow/Switzerland – It’s time! (and Belgrade for the wedding of the year!) – 2/4 isn’t bad (Norway and Moscow) plus a whole host of other places.
8. Finish 10k in under 50mins – That will be the time – done. 48 minutes to be exact.
9. Leiden University – time to return to study, specialising in Indonesia. – I was accepted but instead taken my job in Singapore.
10. Who is ?? – I’ll let you know – Ohh yes, this one…. 😀